SSL Certificates Providers Chandigarh India
SSL Certificates Providers Chandigarh
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security protocol used by Web browsers and Web servers to help users protect their data during transfer. SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. In the case of a Web browser, SSL activates the padlock and https and allows secure connections from a Web server to the browser.
SSL is a security protocol that:
- Protects user data during transfer.
- Digitally binds a cryptographic key to organization’s details.
- Secures credit card transactions, data transfers, logon credentials, and more.
- Provides authentication of the business and/or domain.
How do SSL Certificates work?
When a browser encounters a website with SSL:
- A browser attempts to connect to a Website secured with SSL.
- The browser requests that the web server identify itself.
- The server sends the browser a copy of its SSL Certificate.
- The browser checks whether it trusts the SSL Certificate. If so, it sends a message to the server.
- The server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
- Encrypted data is shared between the browser and the server.
Who needs SSL?
Anyone who needs to securely transmit information over the internet requires the use of SSL SSL is not just for securing credit card transactions and should be used for protecting all levels of sensitive information when communicated over the web.
Use SSL for:
- Securing online credit card transactions.
- Securing web forms and customer logins.
- Securing email and webmail applications including Microsoft Outlook Web Access, Exchange and Communications Server.
- Securing corporate communications on intranets, extranets, internal networks, sharing and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Securing communications on cloud based platforms and virtualized applications.
- Securing transfers over HTTPS and FTP.
- Securing hosting control panels logins including Parallels and cPanel.
- Securing information sent and received via mobile devices.